Who is Escape Kitty?

Let me introduce myself. I am Escape Kitty.

I got my start on Sept 1, 2010 as I was out playing in the yard enjoying the birds and squirrels. Really just minding my own business. Happy. Content. Daydreaming.

When, but in an instant, I caught a movement in the corner of my eye. Since cats are noted for their superior vision, I had to do a double take because I thought my eyesight had failed me. I shut my kitty eyes for a moment and reopened them to disbelief.

A coyote? In MY yard? Could it be? And he's drooling my way? Move move move! Find my mom . Run to safety.

Big mistake! Really big mistake. Now she never lets me outside. Done - left to dream. ahhhhh but Kitty dreams really do come true.

So come follow me! I am off to Escape.

Friday, October 12, 2012

Escape Kitty -Soft Frilly Life - Scraps of Elegance (CSI Case file #41 - Once Upon a Sketch)




Scraps of Elegance is teaming up with CSI- Color Stories Inspiration for the month of October as Special Investigators and Sponsors.  Kitty included, of course.


So please let Escape Kitty help reveal case file #41 with wonderful, eleganct soft pastels.  Due Sunday Oct. 21, 11:00pm EST

(You can still play along with case file #40 until Sunday, Oct 14th 11:00pm EST.)
Join the fun, play along all month, and create something beautiful today with Scraps of Elegance!

Scraps of Elegance will be providing the prize this month for the winner at CSI.  It's the gorgeous, elegant September kit, Nostalgia.  This kit features the wonderful Pion Design Grandma's Schoolbook Collection and Renea Harrison's handmade butterflies. Scraps Of Elegance is the only club to feature these exquisite butterfly embellishments. 

 Escape Kitty - Soft Frilly Life 

This was created for CSI-Colors Stories Inspiration case file #41 and for October's Once Upon A Sketch .  The sketch is the art work of Nadia Cannizzo.  Thanks, Nadia for your inspiration. 

The layout features the Kaisercraft Lake House Collection, which was included in the August Scraps of Elegance kit. Delicate.  That was one of the inspirational words to use as journaling for case file #41.  Kitty's all over that!  She may be "all paws" sometimes but she does have a delicate side too.  Soft, frilly, delicate Kitty.  

We were in the middle of a photo shoot starring Kitty, herself, and she actually enjoyed snuggling into the pink fluffy frilly tutu I laid out for her.  Now she wanted nothing to do with wearing it....but posing on it is all together different and agreeable. 

and yes, Kitty and I do photo shoots often.  I like to call them "Glam Sessions", she'd prefer I call them nothing at all and simply stop with the silliness. She firmly believes the ten thousand photos I already have are sufficient. None the less, Kitty is very patient with me while I click and click and snap some more.  If the photo doesn't work out, I simply take another 20 shots.  

Eventually Escape Kitty gets up and leaves out of boredom, irritation or because she is now experiencing temporary blindness from the 300 camera flashes in her eyes.  There's NO negotiating with this ragamuffin. I get what I get and call it "good".

In the layout photo, I caught her right before boredom set in. 

The wording over the photo was provided by Once Upon A Sketch as the twist of the month. It needed to be included in some fashion into the art work.  I decided to change up the font in photoshop for some additional interest.  Then I printed it on a transparency and glued it to my photo using Glossy Accents.  It says :

Here is the sketch that Kitty had to use as her creative jump point.

Then Kitty had to work in this palette, evidence and testimony.
Evidence 
•   something textured white on white
•   layers

Testimony
•   Inspiration Words: -- dream(y), delicate, secret -- use these as inspiration for your journaling, not just as a title


I used the Dusty Attic Decorative frame #1 DA0207, painted it white with gesso and then added Stickles in Crystal to finish it.  I wanted it stark but sparkly. 

The photo below just shows the dimension of the layout. 

The edges of the layout were painted with gesso to make a white vignette.  Next I used molding paste and a Prima mask for texture to create the white texture on white, for the evidence requirement.





Thanks for looking.  Please consider stopping by Scraps of Elegance and create something beautiful today. 

Copyright 2012 Escape kitty by Jennifer Snyder

9 comments:

  1. This is sooo amazingly beautiful EK!!! LOVE th colours and you look gorgeous as ever!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very perfect topic! A very interesting happened! A cute kitty...
    I love cats and I like your "Escape Kitty"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout! Love the photo! Always enjoy seeing our furry friends featured! Thanks for joining along with OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOOW!!! So elegant and lovely! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this is just SO delicate and beautiful...I adore soft pink and it works SO well here!! Thanks so much for joining us @ OUAS~!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  6. The soft pink and Miss Kitty are made for each other, absolutely delish page! so so pretty! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. soft and beautiful - - thanks so much for playing along at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete