Who is Escape Kitty?

Let me introduce myself. I am Escape Kitty.

I got my start on Sept 1, 2010 as I was out playing in the yard enjoying the birds and squirrels. Really just minding my own business. Happy. Content. Daydreaming.

When, but in an instant, I caught a movement in the corner of my eye. Since cats are noted for their superior vision, I had to do a double take because I thought my eyesight had failed me. I shut my kitty eyes for a moment and reopened them to disbelief.

A coyote? In MY yard? Could it be? And he's drooling my way? Move move move! Find my mom . Run to safety.

Big mistake! Really big mistake. Now she never lets me outside. Done - left to dream. ahhhhh but Kitty dreams really do come true.

So come follow me! I am off to Escape.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Episode #38 Escape Kitty and Chena Thank Dusty Attic by Throwing a Party


Episode #38   Escape Kitty and Chena Thank Dusty Attic by Throwing  a Party
Yep that's right!  Kitty and Chena are throwing a party at the Walkabout Creek Hotel, in McKinlay, Queensland, Australia,  because the kind folks at Dusty Attic let her have the lime light for the month of Feb.  Now everyone knows she pretty much sucked the lime light from Jennifer, BUT that's OK.  

Everyone is invited for the Outback shindig!  Hurry on in because Kitty has ordered up cold bowls of water for all!  Maybe some biscuits too (Chena's idea).  The place looks empty, but in about an hour from now, there's gonna be some partying Dusty style.   Setting out a bowl of chips (chippies) at this party has a whole new meaning with this crowd.  

So thanks to Dusty Attic for opening your forum up to this crazy pair.  I realize you may have had to hold your breath a little bit, uncertain what Kitty was bringing to the table.  But now you know!  Just a cool drink is all.

(phew - she behaved all month.  Now I also can rest easy!)

This was created using the wonderful Scraps Of Darkness Victoriana Kit, the Dusty Attic Chandelier small 2 pk DA0080 for added atmosphere in the hotel bar, and the Dusty Attic Decorative Trim Set DA0435.


I painted this with a base layer of Adirondack paint in Sandal.  Then coated with Glimmer Glam in Mermaid, some platinum stickles for the candles, and a decorative brad from the Scraps Of Darkness kit.

The Scraps of Darkness kits come packed with all kinds of cool embellies and coordinating goodness.  Please check us out.  




The photo was provided by Maryanne Stanford, Oziem.    Thanks a million Maryanne for the inspiration.
Thanks also to Maggi Harding and her wonderful Standard Poodle, Chena, for their collaboration.
Please visit Maggi's blog, Scrap, Travel and Bark.

Thanks Dusty Attic. 

copyright 2012 Escape Kitty by Jennifer Snyder

1 comment:

  1. OMG, this is fabulous, love it!!!! YOur photo editing job is so great, Chena and Kitty look so lovely, as they are of course! Love the gears, the chandelier, oh heck I love it all!!

    ReplyDelete