Who is Escape Kitty?

Let me introduce myself. I am Escape Kitty.

I got my start on Sept 1, 2010 as I was out playing in the yard enjoying the birds and squirrels. Really just minding my own business. Happy. Content. Daydreaming.

When, but in an instant, I caught a movement in the corner of my eye. Since cats are noted for their superior vision, I had to do a double take because I thought my eyesight had failed me. I shut my kitty eyes for a moment and reopened them to disbelief.

A coyote? In MY yard? Could it be? And he's drooling my way? Move move move! Find my mom . Run to safety.

Big mistake! Really big mistake. Now she never lets me outside. Done - left to dream. ahhhhh but Kitty dreams really do come true.

So come follow me! I am off to Escape.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Escape Kitty's 3D Chipboard Tree Tutorial



Wanna see how to create some 3D Chipboard Trees?  These are examples taken from Episode #47 - Go West Young Kitty.   I imagine the West has a ton of trees to climb so I am gonna create some to start my adventure out on the right foot -paw.

Don't be fooled that the photos and video say Jennifer Snyder - I only used her technical knowledge but I assure you the work is all mine.  LOL  Doesn't it scream Kitty?

I used a few pieces of Dusty Attic here. Dusty Attic Christmas Tree #2 DA0648 and did a total smack down using some water, inks, mists and glues. I adapted the techniques of a few Dusty Attic greats to make my own tree. I used the tutorials of breaking apart the chippies and multiplying them by Irene Tan and creating a 3D tree by Natasha Naranjo Aguirre . It's great to be able to apply the knowledge of others and integrate it into your own creation. Thanks for the inspiration, oh great Dusty Ladies!





Thank ya kindly for looking.  Tip of the coyboy hat to ya. 
copyright 2012 Escape Kitty by Jennifer Snyder

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous trees and awesome tut EK! Tell Jen thanks for helping you to put it together to share with us!

    ReplyDelete