Who is Escape Kitty?

Let me introduce myself. I am Escape Kitty.

I got my start on Sept 1, 2010 as I was out playing in the yard enjoying the birds and squirrels. Really just minding my own business. Happy. Content. Daydreaming.

When, but in an instant, I caught a movement in the corner of my eye. Since cats are noted for their superior vision, I had to do a double take because I thought my eyesight had failed me. I shut my kitty eyes for a moment and reopened them to disbelief.

A coyote? In MY yard? Could it be? And he's drooling my way? Move move move! Find my mom . Run to safety.

Big mistake! Really big mistake. Now she never lets me outside. Done - left to dream. ahhhhh but Kitty dreams really do come true.

So come follow me! I am off to Escape.

Friday, June 13, 2014

Escape Kitty's Patriotic Look - From Authentique

Authentique Pride Collection NOW at Flying Unicorns - shop here

I adore patriotic colors and collections and the new Pride Collection has the look of vintage patriotism.  Here is a close-up of the great little tags and graphics that are part of this collection.  
(the hat pattern and simple instructions were from my pal Maggi Harding)


Here is a hat model - Escape Kitty looking rather proud and patriotic.  I think she's smiling - can't tell. 


I used some of the graphic circles and glued them to bamboo skewers to stick in my hat. 

No Yankee Doodle Dandy Hat can be complete without a feather in it. The feather is a reference to a popular American song, Yankee Doodle Dandy.   

 Yankee Doodle Dandy Song Kid's Version ( Popular American Song)
Yankee Doodle went to town
A-riding on a pony
He stuck a feather in his hat
And called it macaroni

Chorus:
Yankee Doodle, keep it up
Yankee Doodle dandy
Mind the music and the step
and with the girls be handy!
Father and I went down to camp
Along with Captain Gooding
And there we saw the men and boys
As thick as hasty pudding.
Chorus



Grab your Authentique collection while it's available and show your Pride. 

Thanks again Maggi!  Love the hat idea. 

Authentique Pride Collection NOW at Flying Unicorns - shop here
Authentique Pride Collection Independance paper  PRI006
Authentique Pride Collection Amend paper   PRI005
Authentique Pride Colection Stickers PRI007
Feathers
Floral berries
bamboo wood skewers
lace and trim


Copyright 2014 -Escape Kitty by Jennifer Snyder

1 comment:

  1. this is adorable i have printed out the hat pattern and am going to try my luck at one.

    ReplyDelete