Who is Escape Kitty?

Let me introduce myself. I am Escape Kitty.

I got my start on Sept 1, 2010 as I was out playing in the yard enjoying the birds and squirrels. Really just minding my own business. Happy. Content. Daydreaming.

When, but in an instant, I caught a movement in the corner of my eye. Since cats are noted for their superior vision, I had to do a double take because I thought my eyesight had failed me. I shut my kitty eyes for a moment and reopened them to disbelief.

A coyote? In MY yard? Could it be? And he's drooling my way? Move move move! Find my mom . Run to safety.

Big mistake! Really big mistake. Now she never lets me outside. Done - left to dream. ahhhhh but Kitty dreams really do come true.

So come follow me! I am off to Escape.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Escape Kitty Episode #45 - Tiny Dancer Part Deux - Scraps of Elegance



Escape Kitty Episode #45 - Tiny Dancer Part Deux
This was created using the Scraps Of Elegance May Kit, Swan Song.   This kit is extraordinary.  Really!  Amazing collection of papers and embellishments.  Please check us out and consider  joining.  

This layout is Part Deux in the Tiny Dancer mini-series for Escape Kitty.

Here is her tale:
In Episode #43, Kitty was invited to dance in Swan Song with a world famous dance troupe on stage at the Sidney Opera House.  Now she is dancing a duet.  This photo needs a little explanation.   As we know, Kitty is a cat with no formal ballet training.  She is just naturally talented at the art of being the "copy cat".  Ever hear that term?  I have no idea where it came from but our Little Miss has puuuuuurfected this skill.  Almost.  

Our dear Kitty would have us believe that the term "copy cat" was coined for someone in her long line of feline ancestors. She may very well be right.

Kitty has been observing and copying the moves of her co-performer ballerina so that she can get her dance routine just right. Only problem with one tiny move.  Kitty made a mistake interpreting the  taller ballerina's graceful swan-like pose as an occasion to lick her paw.    Silly Kitty!  That Prima ballerina is not licking her paws.   

No matter.  As we expect, the dance is a smashing hit.  Lots of autographs, lots of hugs, lots of cat allergies being ignored for the evening.  One adoring fan even sent Kitty some roses. 
Kitty is off to perform her final dance in our hometown.    Can't wait to see her.  Grab your tickets soon for once this curtain is closed, Kitty will be off on another adventure. 

Prima- Fairy Belle papers, chipboard and crystals help magically transform this page into an elegance dance stage for my little darlin. 

I have also started mixing up the edge punches a bit out of a case of punch bordom I am having.  if you look at the lower corner below, you'll see how I used two punches:  Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page Eyelet Lace at thhe very corner with one additional punch, then I change to using the Cherish Punch Around the Page. 

You can see a tutorial on how to combine border punches here. 
I also used a decorative laser cut cupcake wrapper for the top of my layout.  It was on clearance at a local hobby shop and I couldn't pass it by.  It is laser cut with the most delicate and intricate design and the clearance price was yellin, "buy me, use me".

This is a close up of the delicate laser cut cupcake wrapper.






This is Kitty's wild interpretation of the graceful Swan-like pose.  Nice try Sweetie.  It's cute but not Swan-like. 


Kitty and her roses. 



Remember.  If you like me, then please "LIKE" me.  Help a Kitty out and
"LIKE" me on Facebook.

Thanks for your visit.
Copyright 2012 Escape Kitty by Jennifer Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment