Who is Escape Kitty?

Let me introduce myself. I am Escape Kitty.

I got my start on Sept 1, 2010 as I was out playing in the yard enjoying the birds and squirrels. Really just minding my own business. Happy. Content. Daydreaming.

When, but in an instant, I caught a movement in the corner of my eye. Since cats are noted for their superior vision, I had to do a double take because I thought my eyesight had failed me. I shut my kitty eyes for a moment and reopened them to disbelief.

A coyote? In MY yard? Could it be? And he's drooling my way? Move move move! Find my mom . Run to safety.

Big mistake! Really big mistake. Now she never lets me outside. Done - left to dream. ahhhhh but Kitty dreams really do come true.

So come follow me! I am off to Escape.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Escape Kitty -Home Again -Scraps Of Darkness May Summer Breeze




Escape Kitty and Scraps Of Darkness present May- Summer Breeze.  This kit reminds me of a warm summer day on my deck with a glass of fresh lemonade and a bowl of homegrown raspberries to snack on - and Kitty sitting by my side (probably on the patio table).  A fun collection of papers and unique embellishments including the amazing stick pins handcrafted by Mandy Harrell.   

The featured papers this month are:
Simple Stories-Documented
Prima-Sun Kiss Collection
Little Yellow Bicycle

This design is based on the monthly sketch from Charlotte Jenkins, also known as suepup.  She is a brilliant sketch artist and makes scrapping so much easier.

Kitty Selected the Simple Stories - Documented Collection for her homecoming.  She has just arrived home from her travels to Australia.  While in Australia, there was never a dull moment. Here's a quick review of all that Kitty and Chena did in the land Down Under:
  • She sailed to Australia with her Poodle pal, Chena dressed as pirates. (Episode #35 and #36)
  • They made friends with a kangaroo and hopped around with him.  (Episoode #37)
  • Threw the crew at Dusty Attic a giant party at the Walkabout Creek Hotel. (Episode #38)
  • Went to visit Nullabor Cliffs (Episode #39)
  • Pushed my anxiety level to the limits by parachuting off Nullabor Cliffs (Episode #40)
  • Did a little snorkeling to outrun the sharks (Episode #41)
  • Become a motorcycle momma as she drove her cycle/camper thingy around. (Episode #42)
  • Danced her little heart out at the Sidney Opera House as a Prima Ballerina.(Episode #43)
  • Had a cast party with her favorite furry pup cousins.  (Episode #44)
  • Danced a beautiful Ballet Duet (Episode #45)
 Now she has ended her dance tour in her hometown and is back napping in a cozy warm sunny spot in the house. Happy to be home for awhile and enjoying the loving back scratches from her family.  BUT the thoughts of the next adventure ARE brewing in her little head.   you can tell by the look in her dreamy eyes.




Words of Thanks From Kitty:
 Much thanks to my friend Helene (Helbert at Scrapbook.com ) for a wonderful surprise.  She sent Jennifer Snyder, my special assistant and door warden, a package for her birthday.    Since I happen to intercept the package and I am a curious cat, I opened it. It was packed full of  laces and trims and some of the coolest burlap I have ever seen.  I cut a big piece out of the burlap to use here as a photo mat.  Then I taped the package shut.  I am certain Jennifer is none the wiser.    Thanks a million sweet lady!   It is puuuurfect here. 

I used the Heartfelt creations/ Spellbinder Bella Rose Diecut and stamp combo for my vines and leaves.  Love this tool to pieces.  Then I twirled my own dark plum colored flower buds because I lacked the exact color of flowers I needed.

The wooded doily circles are from Kaisercraft.  I left them natural color or neked and just inked the edges with Tim Holtz Dusty Concord distress ink.  I left them a little delicate. 



Remember.  If you like me, then please "LIKE" me.  Help a Kitty out and
"LIKE" me on Facebook.

Thanks for your visit.
Copyright 2012 Escape Kitty by Jennifer Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment