Who is Escape Kitty?

Let me introduce myself. I am Escape Kitty.

I got my start on Sept 1, 2010 as I was out playing in the yard enjoying the birds and squirrels. Really just minding my own business. Happy. Content. Daydreaming.

When, but in an instant, I caught a movement in the corner of my eye. Since cats are noted for their superior vision, I had to do a double take because I thought my eyesight had failed me. I shut my kitty eyes for a moment and reopened them to disbelief.

A coyote? In MY yard? Could it be? And he's drooling my way? Move move move! Find my mom . Run to safety.

Big mistake! Really big mistake. Now she never lets me outside. Done - left to dream. ahhhhh but Kitty dreams really do come true.

So come follow me! I am off to Escape.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Escape Kitty #35 - Pirates AND Reveal Day -Scraps Of Darkness January Kit - Escape plus Big Announcement


Welcome to the January Reveal for the Escape Kit from Scraps of Darkness.  Reveal day is filled with enough excitement for most of us however we have one big announcement at Scraps Of Darkness to put you on the edge of your seats.

We are expecting a new baby! We (not me).  No, no one at Scraps of Darkness is pregnant, that we know of, but SOD is getting a new little sister.

On Feb 1st, we reveal a new line of kits, Scraps Of Elegance.  Different than the SOD line but coordinated by the same talented folks who prepare the Scraps Of Darkness kit so you know it will be the highest quality, most extraordinary assemblage of goodies.

We are honored to have a very special guest to help with the launching of the kit.  Ohhhhhh I can't wait to see what she creates with the Scraps Of Elegance kit.  We are also having a blog hop with prizes on Feb 1st to welcome the new arrival.

So join us for the reveal and the fun all starting Feb 1st.







Oh how I love reveal day!  The excitement of showing off the new kit from Scraps Of Darkness.  Well it's here and it's filled with warm tropical delights to take your mind off the cold stark winter.  At least it's cold and stark outdoors where I live.  Inside?  Not a chance.  This kit brings the bold colors of the tropics right into your creative area. 

Featuring these paper lines:
Pink Paislee-
Nantucket- Jumbo Shrimp, Clam Bake, Lobster Bisque
G45- Tropical Travelogue
Oceana, Hibiscus Heaven, Rainforest, Island Jewel, Tropical Travelogue, botanica, Garden Isle

Coordinating Paper-
Authentique- Gathering, Harmony, Bloom
Pink Paislee- Nantucket, Crab Cakes
G45- Tropical Travelogue, Tiki Voyager, Seaside Holiday

This new January kit is called Escape.  Lets just put it out there.  This kit was named after me.  Why state the obvious?  Well, most would probably assume that I am Melinda's favorite Mascot Designer.  That would be true.  Melinda, our wonderful leader and owner of Scraps Of Darkness does favor me (I think). And who wouldn't?  

Actually I have never asked her about this, but then why bother to name a whole wonderful fun exciting kit after moi?  Thus and such I must be her favorite.  I don't see her naming a kit the "Jrabs kit".  LOL - sorry momma Jrabs, Jennifer.  Work a little harder honey.  

 Soooooooooo now that this is all settled, let's get on with the story.

  Escape Kitty (and Chena) #35 - Pirates


Special photo credit to Maryanne Stanford

Kitty could not find a parrot to sit on her little pirtate-ess shoulder so she improvised and decided the very best thing would be to invite her bestie, Chena, for the trip.    Chena is a Standard Poodle owned by fellow scrap artist, Maggi Harding

Chena was a go.  After finding a cool skull cap for Chena, the pair set sail for the Australian coast.  I did not bother to ask who's boat they borrowed.  I don't own a boat and neither does Maggi.  So that leaves ?????????  That's a headache waiting to happen if I dare ask -so I will just ignore that whole topic. 

Trade winds, good fortune, and a little Kitty magic all wrapped together got the girls from the East coast of the US to Australia in about a day.   Not quite the same kind of magic that Santa uses, but close.  Remember that Kitty rode with Santa this past Christmas , wore his Santa hat ( read through past issues of the blog for her magical details and incredible photos), and picked up a few tricks in expediency and overnight magic Santa style. 

Kitty and Chena, may I make a gentle suggestion?  Please take your hats off as you near the port of Sidney?  You may frighten some folks and cause a stir - plus get yourselves locked up by the Australian officials.  Guess what?  I do not have your same kind of Kitty magic to get there in a day and bail you out of the Australian jail.

Be safe lil pirates.  

This was created using the sketch design by Suepup, Charlotte Jenkins and features the amazing Scraps Of Darkness January Kit - Escape.  


This wooden piece from Pink Paislee was coated with Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder in Desert Moon Turquoise from the color add-on kit at Scraps Of Darkness.  I also dotted with Lime Green and Yellow stickles. 

Kitty is so focused on navigating the boat.


I made the background papers of the layout from the paper bag packaging in the kit and some paints and mists. 



Thanks to Maryanne Stanford, Oziem, for sending me the wonderful photo of the Sidney Opera House view from the sea.  
Thanks to Maggi for collaborating in this crazy series. Please check her blog, Scrap Travel and Bark.
Thanks to you for reading this.

copywrite 2012 Escape Kitty by Jennifer Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment