Who is Escape Kitty?

Let me introduce myself. I am Escape Kitty.

I got my start on Sept 1, 2010 as I was out playing in the yard enjoying the birds and squirrels. Really just minding my own business. Happy. Content. Daydreaming.

When, but in an instant, I caught a movement in the corner of my eye. Since cats are noted for their superior vision, I had to do a double take because I thought my eyesight had failed me. I shut my kitty eyes for a moment and reopened them to disbelief.

A coyote? In MY yard? Could it be? And he's drooling my way? Move move move! Find my mom . Run to safety.

Big mistake! Really big mistake. Now she never lets me outside. Done - left to dream. ahhhhh but Kitty dreams really do come true.

So come follow me! I am off to Escape.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Escape Kitty - Opposites - CSI-Color, Stories, Inspiration Case File #10 and Dusty Attic




Escape Kitty - Opposites
Meet the Kitty's up close and personal.
This layout was created to give you an up close and personal look at Escape Kitty and her cat sibling, StayBehindCat. The challenge for the CSI-Colors Stories, Inspiration case File #10 was to journal opposites. Well, well, well, my kitties popped right into my mind.  I can't think of two complete opposites that live together in relative harmony -except when one wants to sit in the window and it is being occupied by the other.

Escape  Kitty                                                 StayBehindCat
Nickname- Kitty or EK                                                      Nickname - Butterfly Daydreamer
Girl                                                                                        Boy
Finicky eater                                                                      Nothing finicky at all about this chow hound
Loves the outside                                                            Loves his cat bed
Tries to bolt out the door at every opportunity        Doesn't even care if  the door is open
Can jump on a dresser 6 ft high                                  Can barely jump on my lap.  He's a non-jumper
Favors her daddy                                                           Favors his mommy
Got a wild adventurous streak                                    Big 'ol coward
Larger than life Kitty ego                                           Maybe he has a cat ego when he is dreaming?
Super fast                                                                        Can't run at all. 







This was created for CSI- Colors, Stories, Inspiration Case File #10 and I used the Dusty Attic March Sketch designed my Michelle Grant.  Have to say that Michelle has such a unique flair to her sketches.


I used the Dusty Attic Decorative Scroll #1, DA0213 for this.  I opted to paint them contrasting colors to represent my opposite Kitties. Red for EK and Olive for StayBehindCat.




These are the particulars:
EVIDENCE DETAILS 
  • metal, as inspired by the lantern
  • glass or glass-like elements, as inspired by the lantern
  • use contrasting textures

JOURNALING DETAILS (TESTIMONY)
  • Compare two people/things/events, etc. using contrasting (i.e., listing the differences)--this is inspired by the many contrasts in this image.


Thanks for looking and reading. 
Copyright 2012 Escape Kitty by Jennifer Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment