Escape Kitty's Sweet Freedom - Tribute for Memorial Day for CSI- Colors, Stories, Inspiration Case File #21.
Escape Kitty and Jennifer Snyder have been sharing a DT spot for the month of May at CSI -Colors, Stories, Inspiration. Mostly Kitty and a little Jennifer, but in Kitty's world, who's counting, right? Both Jennifer and Kitty cannot think of any better honor or more fitting way to wrap this up than by celebrating the Sweet Freedoms we enjoy on behalf of the braveness of others.
Here is her entry for case file #21.
2. Stripes - mine are horizontal and done with inks, paper stripes and Tim Holtz film tape.
3. Icing - well, Kitty's going to interpret this as icing and sprinkles over the Dusty Attic at the top in the flower section.
She is using the word "sweet" as her inspirational journaling jump point. Sweet Freedom. First of all very meaningful as Kitty's tribute to Memorial Day. Sweet Freedom means so many things to Escape Kitty. The feeling she gets on each and every opportunity to escape and experience the outdoors. She certainly does love to get out and breath in the freshness. But Kitty also recognizes that Sweet Freedom has been preserved in our country at the expense of those who so bravely fought and died for us.
While not the traditional red, white and blue colors that typically commemorate this American Holiday, Kitty put her furry little thinking cap on and made this about freedom. There really isn't much about Kitty that is traditional anyway. With that, Kitty's sentiments:
- A deep and sincere thank you to those families grieving the loss of their military loved ones on this Memorial Day. We grieve with you and honor that life so overflowing with bravery and selflessness so as to give for us.
- Heartfelt thanks to those families trying to mend wounded warriors. A very different type of personal loss, yet every bit as appreciated and deserving of honor this Holiday. May your personal struggles be replaced by joy.
- Remembering past warriors who served and died and have long been forgotten. While your names slip our memories, your bravery and your commitment to keeping America free is celebrated and honored.
Thanks to Debbie Tehrani and the kind folks at CSI - Colors, Stories, Inspiration at trusting Kitty to play by the rules. Great leap of faith, Debbie. But Kitty did OK in behaving herself.
So take a chance yourself and go try it out. Fun, challenging and the folks there are wonderful, warm and inspirational.
I used the wonderful Dusty Attic Dusty in Bloom Bridal Veil Flowers DA0805 here and there and also used the Dusty Attic Grass Border #1 DA0659. I painted the border with green acrylic paint then used raspberry colored mirco beads at the top for the florals.
Thanks for looking and making my day. I hope yours is puuuuurfect as well.
Copyright 2012 Escape Kitty by Jennifer Snyder