Who is Escape Kitty?

Let me introduce myself. I am Escape Kitty.

I got my start on Sept 1, 2010 as I was out playing in the yard enjoying the birds and squirrels. Really just minding my own business. Happy. Content. Daydreaming.

When, but in an instant, I caught a movement in the corner of my eye. Since cats are noted for their superior vision, I had to do a double take because I thought my eyesight had failed me. I shut my kitty eyes for a moment and reopened them to disbelief.

A coyote? In MY yard? Could it be? And he's drooling my way? Move move move! Find my mom . Run to safety.

Big mistake! Really big mistake. Now she never lets me outside. Done - left to dream. ahhhhh but Kitty dreams really do come true.

So come follow me! I am off to Escape.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Go West Young Kitty - Scraps Of Darkness June Kit - White Rabbit


Scraps Of Darkness presents White Rabbit.  It includes an artfully fun collection of papers that I have been drooling over since they came out.   As with all Scraps Of Darkness kits, you can take this kit in any direction you want.  That's how versatile it is.  As you scroll through  the designs of the Design team, you see how easily this kit can adapt to your scrappy mood and scrappy style.  This kit pairs interesting papers with unique embellishments including the amazing stick pins handcrafted by Mandy Harrell.    that can be found in the add-on.

The featured paper collections this month are:
7 Dots Wonderland Collection
Bo Bunny Weekend Market Collection
Authentique - Genuine Collection


Gotta listen while you read! 


Go West Young Kitty -Episode #47
Great!  Now that we have the Blues Brothers to assist with some background atmosphere ( if you clicked on the link above), let's get with the story.

Kitty has broken free.  No holding her back.  Apparently she invited people over to have lunch on our deck via her Facebook page.  She promised that if they simply opened the sliding glass doors to the deck, she'd serve them a fabulous tuna lunch with a cold lemonade. Lunch was indeed served, as Kitty promised.  Kitty NEVER backs out of a promise!

But her guests are not used to her quick darting feline maneuvers.  I am - they are not!  That's why Kitty did not bother trying this escape routine on me.   phew!  An innocent lunch on the deck?  Don't make me laugh.

An enjoyable lunch was had by all, dishes cleared and a delightful conversation was underway when someone asked what was taking Kitty so long to join the table chatter.  UGH!  The last thing the guests saw of Miss Kitty was a big old cowboy hat and two cowboy boots in a blur heading for the woods.  A faint "Giddyup" was possibly heard.

Why only two boots when Kitty has four paws?  Good question indeed - and it all comes down to comfort. Even Kitty knows the value of comfortable shoes/boots.  She would not be able to sit comfortably with hind boots.  Kitty is fashionable yet sensible.   Two boots makes a statement just fine.

I did see a receipt for a second Cowboy hat purchase in a size that would fit Chena,  Standard Poodle friend Chena, pet to Maggi Harding.  Let's see if the pair meet up out west somewhere.

This design is based on the monthly sketch from Charlotte Jenkins, also known as suepup.  She is a brilliant sketch artist and makes scrapping so much easier.


I used a few pieces of Dusty Attic here.  Dusty Attic Christmas Tree #2 DA0648 and did a total smack down using some water,  inks, mists and glues.  I adapted the techniques of a few Dusty Attic greats to make my own tree. I used the tutorials of breaking apart the chippies and multiplying them by Irene Tan and creating a 3D tree by Natasha Naranjo Aguirre .  It's great to be able to apply the knowledge of others and integrate it into your own creation. Thanks for the inspiration, oh great Dusty Ladies!

You can see my video on how to create the trees on this layout here. 


 Here is a close up of  the Dusty Attic Chicken Wire Panel DA0177




Darling Kitty looking smart in her hat and boots, not to mention the leather necklace.


Rawhide Theme Lyrics
Original  Lyrics By Frankie Lane
Adapted by Escape Kitty


Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'
Keep that Kitty movin'
Though I'm disapprovin',
Gotta meet the doggy Chena!
You really shouda seen 'eh,
Cowboy Hat and boots a blur,
Soon she'll be living high and wide.
Boy her heart's calculatin'
Her best freind will be waitin', be waiting at the end of her ride.
Move 'em on, head 'em up,
Head 'em up, move 'em out,
Move 'em on, head 'em out Rawhide!
Set 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, let 'em out,
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in Rawhide.
Full Lyrics
Rollin', rollin', rollin'
Rollin', rollin', rollin'
Rollin', rollin', rollin'
Rollin', rollin', rollin'
Rawhide!
Rollin', rollin', rollin'
Though the streams are swollen
Keep that  Kitty rollin'
Rawhide!
Rain and wind and weather
Hell-bent for adventure
Soon enough Chena is by her side.
All the things she's missin',
Good vittles, rubs, and kissin',
is waiting for her home after her ride
CHORUS


Thanks Jake and Elwood!  Much appreciated.

Please come visit us at Scraps of Darkness.
copyright 2012 Escape Kitty by Jennifer Snyder



2 comments:

  1. Totally fabulous layout!!! Love it! And you look good, Kitty! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering what tht cowboy hat was for that Chena's been sporting. Oh those two, heavens where will they end up next?!

    Love your LO kitty, beautiful creation! Love the denim look and your trees are fab!!

    ReplyDelete