Who is Escape Kitty?

Let me introduce myself. I am Escape Kitty.

I got my start on Sept 1, 2010 as I was out playing in the yard enjoying the birds and squirrels. Really just minding my own business. Happy. Content. Daydreaming.

When, but in an instant, I caught a movement in the corner of my eye. Since cats are noted for their superior vision, I had to do a double take because I thought my eyesight had failed me. I shut my kitty eyes for a moment and reopened them to disbelief.

A coyote? In MY yard? Could it be? And he's drooling my way? Move move move! Find my mom . Run to safety.

Big mistake! Really big mistake. Now she never lets me outside. Done - left to dream. ahhhhh but Kitty dreams really do come true.

So come follow me! I am off to Escape.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Olympic Diving Kitty -Swan Dive- Scraps Of Elegance, Summer Haven



Welcome to the August Scraps Of Elegance , Summer Haven.  What a gorgeous and inspirational kit.  It features Kaisercraft, Teresa Collins and Fabscraps.   Melinda, our talented leader and owner is masterful at coordinating papers and cool fascinating embellishments. 
Our kits also showcase the beautiful and unique butterflies handcrafted by Renea Harrison

So let's talk about Kitty, shall we?

Olympic Diving Kitty - Swan Dive


Along with the entire world, Escape Kitty is all caught up in the Olympic hoopla.  Kitty dreams of the gold,   silver and bronze.  She fancies that her best sport would be the dive/jump.  She decided to give it a go.  It is very apparent that Kitty does not have the grace that is developed by years of training, but she's having fun and making friends. That's what is important.

Problem is that Kitty got a little excited when she heard the coach tell her to do the Swan Dive.   Swan?  Where?  Where's the swan?  Instead of doing a Swan Dive, Kitty's diving for the swan.  Ugh. 
So Kitty did NOT bring home a medal BUT she is the team's mascot.  And that's OK with Kitty.
PS - Kitty is still looking for that Swan, and still a little puzzled at how it got away so darn fast. 

This was also created using the sketch from Charlotte Jenkins, suepup.  Thanks again, Charlotte for your continued inspiration.


The white stuff in the background is white tissue paper all smashed up and placed over the patterned paper for some frothy texture.    







Here is the actual photo. 

Girl in midair during a swan dive into a lake

Girl in midair during a swan dive into a lake, from the viewpoint of diving platform, probably Washington State, ca. 1929-1932Photographer: Gorst, Vern C.
Digital Collection: 
Society and Culture Collection
http://content.lib.washington.edu/socialweb/index.html

Here's another photo of Kitty practicing with the team in warmups (as Mascot of course).





Three girls in midair each doing a different dive, probably Washington State


Three girls in midair each doing a different dive, probably Washington State, ca. 1929-1932 Photographer: Gorst, Vern C.



Please consider stopping by Scraps Of Elegance .  You can view the rest of the Design Team's artwork here.
Thank you for your time.


Don't forget to LIKE me on Facebook.

copyright 2012 Escape Kitty by Jennifer Snyder

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer!! You crack me up!!! I sooooo love Scrap kitty and the adventures, but the pics are really amazing, and some of them make my heart smile and my mouth giggle!!!) Thank you for the stories and the wilds adventures!! Pretty layout!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layouts and kitty tales are awesome! Just love to look at your work!

    ReplyDelete