Who is Escape Kitty?

Let me introduce myself. I am Escape Kitty.

I got my start on Sept 1, 2010 as I was out playing in the yard enjoying the birds and squirrels. Really just minding my own business. Happy. Content. Daydreaming.

When, but in an instant, I caught a movement in the corner of my eye. Since cats are noted for their superior vision, I had to do a double take because I thought my eyesight had failed me. I shut my kitty eyes for a moment and reopened them to disbelief.

A coyote? In MY yard? Could it be? And he's drooling my way? Move move move! Find my mom . Run to safety.

Big mistake! Really big mistake. Now she never lets me outside. Done - left to dream. ahhhhh but Kitty dreams really do come true.

So come follow me! I am off to Escape.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Arctic Ocean - Escape Kitty and Chena - Guest Designer Maggi



Arctic Ocean - Escape Kitty and Chena - Guest Designer Maggi
Maggi writes in her blog:
When we last saw Escape Kitty and Chena they were romping it up with their bear friends and look at them now! Chena!! What are you doing all the way up there in Tuktoyaktuk??? Please tell me you didn't charter a flight using my credit card!!! You can't drive there and I know you don't have wings...yet. You need to get your little poodle butt in that Rolling Doghouse and get yourself and Miss Kitty home!! Kitty doesn't like water, Jennifer will never forgive you if Kitty runs off. 

Who is that weird looking lady standing beside you? I see you are carrying your tennis ball, are you playing fetch in the Arctic Ocean with her? Geez, Chena the water is about 40ยบ, you're going to freeze to death!!
A note of historical significance - Tuktoyaktuk aka Tuk is in Canada's Northwest Territories on the Arctic Ocean. You can drive as far as Inuvik (scene of some Ice Road Truckers episodes several years ago) on a dirt/gravel highway that is oh, 400 miles or so, I can't remember. From Inuvik you take a 20 minute flight in a 4-6 passenger airplane to Tuk. 


Back in the 90's Molsen Beer was running a Beach Party promotion and one of the beach parties was held in Tuk and Metallica played at the party. Now imagine a Native American village and Metallica. Doesn't quite compute does it?? LOL, well the village elders came out for the concert and apparently evryone enjoyed themselves! It was alcohol free as Tuk is dry as are many native villages. Our guide in Tuk told us all about it!

The crazy lady in the photo is me, note how bundled up I look. It ws the end of June, the water was really cold as and the air wasn't much warmer! This photo is from our 1999 vacation when we lived in Alaska and drove up the Dempster Highway.  Chena and Kitty have been photoshoped into the picture of course!

***************
Thanks Maggi for joining in the adventure and funding this crazy outting with your credit card!  LOL  Gorgeous page and wonderful coldness to this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment