Who is Escape Kitty?

Let me introduce myself. I am Escape Kitty.

I got my start on Sept 1, 2010 as I was out playing in the yard enjoying the birds and squirrels. Really just minding my own business. Happy. Content. Daydreaming.

When, but in an instant, I caught a movement in the corner of my eye. Since cats are noted for their superior vision, I had to do a double take because I thought my eyesight had failed me. I shut my kitty eyes for a moment and reopened them to disbelief.

A coyote? In MY yard? Could it be? And he's drooling my way? Move move move! Find my mom . Run to safety.

Big mistake! Really big mistake. Now she never lets me outside. Done - left to dream. ahhhhh but Kitty dreams really do come true.

So come follow me! I am off to Escape.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Where do the Stories come from?




So where do my stories come from?  

Well, not saying Escape Kitty stories aren't totally TRUE....


BUT, if they weren't, where do they come from?  How do I write them?  What's my process?
Kitty thinks she is a rock'n'roll star with all the photos that get clicked around here.  Sometimes when the photo is from a distant place like Morocco, it means she probably ditched into a photo booth.  I never asked, but that's me thinkin.

I start with the photo... then add the art.  The creation is always first before the story line.  As for the story, I rarely know where it is going until I upload the photo.  The story is as unpredictable as Kitty is.   I write it on the fly and I have to write it quickly.  If I over think it,  I am bound to mess things up and get the "facts" incorrect.  
Can't do to much thinking in this process.  Good grief - I know that Kitty is not doing much thinkin!

Sometimes I even type with my eyes closed.  You can probably tell which adventures those are.  LOL
Those are usually the stories that involve what I like to call my BIG THREE EXASPERATIONS:  

  1. breaking the law
  2. need for bail bond money
  3. vast drain on my sanity

My examples:

Escape Kitty ( and Chena) -Over the Falls in a Barrel

This one involved my whole list: breaking the law, tons of bail bond money and major sanity check.  The raggafuffins had no idea ridding Niagara Falls was illegal.  Got in all sorts of trouble.  Spent time in jail too - they did, NOT me.  Though I probably came close and pushed the outer limits of one particular police officer in Niagara Falls. 

You can read adventure #17 here.





This adventure only involved the drain of my sanity, however let me assure you it was a total and complete sanity blowout.    They wished themselves out of jail on a magic carpet sailing off to Morocco. Incredible!   
You can read this crazy adventure #18 here.





So what I am trying to say is the story writes itself.   Really and truly.  

And as always, special thanks and shout out to Maggi and her Standard Poodle, Chena for their collaboration.  Please read Maggi's blog Scrap Travel Bark for additional stories on the daring duo.

No comments:

Post a Comment