Who is Escape Kitty?

Let me introduce myself. I am Escape Kitty.

I got my start on Sept 1, 2010 as I was out playing in the yard enjoying the birds and squirrels. Really just minding my own business. Happy. Content. Daydreaming.

When, but in an instant, I caught a movement in the corner of my eye. Since cats are noted for their superior vision, I had to do a double take because I thought my eyesight had failed me. I shut my kitty eyes for a moment and reopened them to disbelief.

A coyote? In MY yard? Could it be? And he's drooling my way? Move move move! Find my mom . Run to safety.

Big mistake! Really big mistake. Now she never lets me outside. Done - left to dream. ahhhhh but Kitty dreams really do come true.

So come follow me! I am off to Escape.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Episode #18 Escape Kitty ( and Chena) -Magic Carpet Ride




Episode #18 Escape Kitty ( and Chena) -Magic Carpet Ride  created for Scraps of Darkness


Well, well, well. Episode #17 landed Escape Kitty and Chena( Maggi43's Standard Poodle) in a Jail in Niagara Falls. The crazy scallywags decided to joy ride over the falls in a barrel – and oh by the way – it's illegal. It's all fun and games till someone ends up in jail.

I was headed to the Falls to bail them out armed with home baked cookies in case the Authorities needed extra incentive to free them. When I arrived at the jailhouse, I announced who I was, my purpose and that I had cookies to share.

The Guard looked at me with an odd expression. “Ma'am, you're a little late for that. I am afraid the cat and dog are gone. Took off about an hour ago.”

“Took off? As in escaped? What does that mean?” ugh panic mixed with that sick feeling of dread.

Then the guard spilled it all. “Here's what happened. We put a carpet in the jail cell so that the cat and dog could lay on it and be comfortable. When we checked on the pair a bit later, we saw them floating out the front door – just sailing, well, like it was a magic carpet. I know how crazy this all sounds. But I swear, they just floated away. And I think they were smiling.”

I grabbed the cookies and spun around on my heels. Just like Escape Kitty and Chena, I also headed out the front door – not floating, not sailing, just irritated! I heard the guard yelling from his desk “hey, what about those cookies?”

What really happened inside those jail walls? Well the Scraps of Darkness Kit- Marrakesh Express, came in the mail during the week. Kitty and I were sitting together opening the box and admiring the gorgeous papers and embellishments. Ohhhhh gorgeous and exotic. This must have been where Kitty dreamed up the idea of going to Morocco one day.

While taking a snooze on the carpet in jail, Kitty must have been wishing really hard that the carpet would turn magical and be the means of escape. Ohhhhhh be careful what you wish for Kitty! For wishes can come true.

Safe travels you hooligans. Don't do anything I wouldn't do. Whoops – a bit late for that.

Thanks for looking. Special thanks to Maggi43 for her collaboration on the whacky adventure. Please visit Maggi43's gallery also for more antics from this crazy pair. She has some amazing work.

Also join the fun and creativity at Scraps of Darkness.

Visit Maggi's blog, Scrap Travel Bark for more adventures.
I used the stamp overlays from Designer Digitals - Katie Pertiot. Gosh I love her work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment