Who is Escape Kitty?

Let me introduce myself. I am Escape Kitty.

I got my start on Sept 1, 2010 as I was out playing in the yard enjoying the birds and squirrels. Really just minding my own business. Happy. Content. Daydreaming.

When, but in an instant, I caught a movement in the corner of my eye. Since cats are noted for their superior vision, I had to do a double take because I thought my eyesight had failed me. I shut my kitty eyes for a moment and reopened them to disbelief.

A coyote? In MY yard? Could it be? And he's drooling my way? Move move move! Find my mom . Run to safety.

Big mistake! Really big mistake. Now she never lets me outside. Done - left to dream. ahhhhh but Kitty dreams really do come true.

So come follow me! I am off to Escape.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Winner of the August Escape Kitty Challenge at Scrapbook.com



Winner of the August Escape Kitty Challenge at Scrapbook.com

The Escape Kitty challenge is for people to showcase their friends and family. Not necessarily the furry kind of family, the human kind do nicely.

 Congrats KimmyC70.  This is just a stunning page.  Your distressing and your paper choice is perfect for the starkness you were trying hard to achieve - and perfectly accomplished.

Here is an excerpt from KimmyC70's description:

Description: This is a photo of my Dad (middle) and his two brothers, taken outside their school in Banton (near Glasgow), Scotland in 1950. I love this photo, there's mischief and mayhem written all over those three little faces. They remind me of the original 'sand lot kids'. LOL. Despite the many hardships and poverty my Dad's family faced during the early post WWII years, from the stories I've been told over the years, there seems to still have been plenty of moments worth remembering and smiling about.
I wanted this lo to be anything but girly, and to somehow reflect the challenges my Dad's family faced. That's why the paper is all shabby, there are no colors or embellishments, the burlap and newspaper printed pps represent the methods used to wallpaper houses back in the day, all the tearing and scruffiness represents the lack of money to spend on 'decorations', the branches with their few flowers represent the shortage of fripperies. The chipboard buttons and twine represent the use what you have and making do. Yet, there is my dad and his brothers, grinning from ear to ear, because they had each other, they had their parents love (albeit tough love sometimes) and they had true grit and real character. In that regard, they were very wealthy.
Thanks for looking.



Thanks for playing along with Kitty KimmyC!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment