Who is Escape Kitty?

Let me introduce myself. I am Escape Kitty.

I got my start on Sept 1, 2010 as I was out playing in the yard enjoying the birds and squirrels. Really just minding my own business. Happy. Content. Daydreaming.

When, but in an instant, I caught a movement in the corner of my eye. Since cats are noted for their superior vision, I had to do a double take because I thought my eyesight had failed me. I shut my kitty eyes for a moment and reopened them to disbelief.

A coyote? In MY yard? Could it be? And he's drooling my way? Move move move! Find my mom . Run to safety.

Big mistake! Really big mistake. Now she never lets me outside. Done - left to dream. ahhhhh but Kitty dreams really do come true.

So come follow me! I am off to Escape.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Episode #12 -Escape Kitty (and Chena) - Walk on the Wild Side


Episode #12 -Escape Kitty (and Chena) - Walk on the Wild Side


Just taking a little stroll, looking like they own the road. Conquering all they meet (thank goodness judging from the looks of things). 

OK - for those who have no idea who Escape Kitty is - well she's naughty for sure. Naughty, sneaky, fast, but I do love that sweet little fluff ball.
She used to roam about my backyard letting the wind flick her whiskers and the sun warm her fur. Till a coyote came into my yard. Now she is not allowed out of the house. She can only dream of the escape.

She is a zippy fast door dasher and if you are not real careful, she is out the door with Houdini-like magic abilities.

So how is it she is pictured here strolling outdoors with a wolf? Yes, thanks for asking. :) This was NOT my idea. The Standard Poodle pictured is Chena. She is owned by Maggi43 ( from Scrap Travel Bark blog). I laugh at that because Maggi is really owned by Chena. All pet lovers really know who is in charge at home, and it aint the human! Sorry to break it to you Maggi.

But back on task - so Chena heard Kitty's cry for help to get away and Chena delivered in a big way. Drove a crazy motorhome, called the Rolling Doghouse, into my yard. She knocked down the gates that kept Kitty in. Now she really is Escape Kitty.

Off they drove to see Alaska and make friends as they find them. This photo shows me that while a Dog can be a best friend to so many, so can a wolf? Is that the lesson I am supposed to learn here? Kitty says you really gotta get past the outside of a person/aminal and look at the inner beauty. Everyone is filled with beauty. hmmmmmm- ok.

Safe travels little ones. Come home soon, but leave your friends in Alaska please.

Maggi added some additional insight into this photo:
Oh my goodness Jennifer, that is the wolf that Chena met last summer while we were at Denali National Park, they must be scooting around the Park, they are probably camped at Teklanika where we stayed last summer. Let's hope they don't decide to bring the whole pack home with them!! That wolf has a radio collar on. I heard that only the alpha males wear the tracking collars but don't know if that's true or not. A little background info, the wolf probably belonged to a pack of 12 that was raising 7 pups over the summer. When we left Denali, Aug 1, there were only 5 pups left, :-( the mortality rate is high in the bush. We did get the opportunity to view a couple of the pups from a distance saw them playing near a braided river.


Thanks to my very good friends with amazing inner beauty. Maggi (visit her blog here) for your collaboration and the perfect photo op. Maggi supplied this photo of the wolf, which was indeed from Alaska. And my other good friend with inner beauty, photoshop CS4, which supplied me my own brand of Houdini - like magic. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment